Unlike cable TV or streaming services, Evoca airs on a managed network that uses the emerging NEXTGEN TV standard (ATSC 3.0) to distribute a set of channels across the available broadcast spectrum. Evoca uses a proprietary receiver and an OTA antenna to broadcast its channel package. Unlike virtual MVPDs, Evoca’s quality of service will not be affected by available Internet bandwidth or network conditions.
The company, launched in Wooded this year, targets its service to more than 50 million homes in small and medium-sized markets where bandwidth and broadband options are limited and cable or satellite is sometimes too expensive.
This first agreement between Entertainment studio networks and Evoca is part of a global deal that will provide eight networks around the clock and thousands of hours of entertaining content focused on travel, automotive, cooking, pets, comedy, celebrity entertainment and court dramas. Entertainment studio networks offers family-friendly programming that advertisers find appealing to their brands.
“We are delighted to partner with Evoca to bring the number one channel for news/weather and lifestyle programming to a wider audience,” said Byron AllenFounder/Chairman/CEO of Entertainment Studios/Allen Media Group.
“We are thrilled to welcome Entertainment Studios Networks and their 24-hour global networks with extensive entertainment and lifestyle programming to the Evoca lineup,” said Todd Achilles, CEO of Evoca. “This distribution agreement not only provides quality content for the Evoca viewer, but also brings together two companies that share a common vision for innovating television: Evoca with broadcast and Entertainment Studios Networks with programming.”
The competitive portfolio of eight Entertainment studio networks 24-hour HD global networks include:
- The weather channel – The Emmy® Iconic, award-winning global standard for all weather, climate and technology news and information. (www.weathergroup.com)
- Cars.TV – This Emmy® An award-winning, adrenaline-pumping network showcases the ultimate car collectors, designers, innovators and enthusiasts! (www.Cars.tv)
- Comedy.TV – A network dedicated to today’s funniest comedians, featuring a mix of live concerts, talk shows and variety shows, sitcoms and movies. (www.Comedy.tv)
- ES.TV – A network dedicated to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and today’s hottest superstars. (www.es.tv)
- MyDestination.TV – A network dedicated to the best in travel featuring fun, exciting and exotic must-see destinations around the world. (www.MaDestination.tv)
- Animals.TV – A network dedicated to animal lovers everywhere. PETS.TV celebrates the pets we love and the people who love them. Pet News, Pet Care, Pet Health and Pet Lifestyles! (www.Pets.tv)
- Recipe.TV – An Emmy® Award-winning network dedicated to celebrity chefs, amazing recipes and delicious cuisine from around the world. (www.Recipe.tv)
- Justice Central.TV – A network dedicated to Emmy® Award-winning judges and Emmy® Award-nominated court shows, legal news and the world’s biggest lawsuits. (www.JusticeCentral.tv)
About Entertainment Studios / Allen Media Group
President and CEO Byron Allen based entertainment studios in 1993. Based in Los Angelesit has offices at New York, Chicago, Atlantaand Raleigh. entertainment studios has 15 television stations affiliated with the American Big-Four Network and nine 24-hour HD television networks serving nearly 160 million subscribers: THE WEATHER CHANNEL, PETS.TV, COMEDY.TV, RECIPE.TV, CARS.TV, ES.TV, MADESTINATION.TVand JUSTICE CENTRAL.TV. Entertainment Studios will add its tenth network, THE WEATHER CHANNEL IN SPANOL in 2020. Entertainment Studios also owns the LOCAL NOW streaming service, powered by THE WEATHER CHANNEL and content partners, who provide real-time, hyper-local news, weather, traffic, sports and lifestyle information. entertainment studios also produces, distributes and sells advertising for 64 television programs, making it one of the largest independent producers/distributors of first-run syndicated television programming for television stations. Entertainment Studios International Television continues to expand ES corporate branding and content around the world. It currently has active license agreements and programming in South Africathe United Arab Emirates, Australiathe Bahamian, Canada and New Zealand. With a library of over 5,000 hours of content held across multiple genres, entertainment studios provides video content to television stations, cable television networks, mobile devices, multimedia platforms and the World Wide Web. Our mission is to provide great programming to our Fortune 500 viewers, online users and advertising partners. For more information, visit: www.entertainmentstudios.com
Evoca is a whole new paradigm for TV broadcasting that is cheaper, more efficient and delivers a superior image to traditional providers. The FCC has granted ATSC 3.0 clearance to just over 20 television stations across the United States, two of which are operated by Evoca. The service is launched this year in Boise, Idaho, with plans to reach tens of millions of American homes over the next few years. Evoca is owned by Edge Networks, a team of passionate innovators dedicated to giving all Americans access to the world’s best technologies.
SOURCE Entertainment Studios, Inc.